Last Updated July 9th 2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal data.
We may also collect and process certain personal data relating to our business contacts, in the normal course of conducting and running our business. Please refer to section 12 below for more information on how we process this personal data.
Our legal status under data protection law is that of a data controller and in this capacity we will securely store and process any personal data which you have provided to us. As data controller we have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZA302288.
- we, us and our mean or refer to Acute Art Limited located at Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA.
- a data controller decides the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- personal data means data about individuals and data from which such individuals could be identified.
Collection of Personal Data via the Website
The personal data we collect from you via the Website will be limited to:
- your email address (but only if you choose to give this to us for the purposes of signing up to our newsletter);
- certain information about how you use the Website (for example, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data); and/or
- certain information about your computer, including your IP address.
How Your Personal Data is Used
We will use the personal data you provide to us to:
- send out newsletters you have signed up for; and
- analyse use of, and improve, the Website.
With Whom Your Personal Data is Shared
We do not currently disclose or share any of your personal data with third parties.
We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of the Website in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other Website information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
Our Lawful Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
Under the GDPR, we must identify a lawful basis for processing your personal data.
Where we collect and process your email address, we do so on the basis that you have consented to give that personal data to us for the purposes of receiving our newsletter. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
The legitimate interests of Acute Art:
Where we collect and process certain information about how you use the Website and/or about your computer (including IP address), we do so on the lawful basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so. Our legitimate interest in such instances is the proper and effective running of our Website.
Cookies and Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to monitor use of our Website. To find out more about Google Analytics and to opt-out of being tracked across multiple websites visit this page.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have security arrangements in place to guard against unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of, or the accidental loss of, your personal data. We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to ensure that any personal data we hold is not accessed by anyone unauthorised to access it.
For How Long Your Personal Data Will be Retained by Us
What Your Rights Are
You have various rights in relation to your personal data under the GDPR, including:
- the right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data;
- the right to object to decisions about you being taken by automated means (although we do not make any decisions by automated means);
- where we have sought your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes (although we do not undertake any direct marketing).
You may also have the following rights in relation to your personal data in certain circumstances:
- the right to restrict or object to our use of your personal data;
- the right to require us to provide a copy of your personal data to others; and
- the right to require us to erase your personal data.
Please be aware that these rights are not always absolute and there may be situations in which you cannot exercise them or they are not relevant. To help you understand how they work, we have provided a link to the Information Commissioner’s Office’s guidance on each of the rights here.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact email@example.com.
If You Are a Business Contact of Acute Art
However, we may also collect and process personal data relating to our business contacts, in the normal course of conducting and operating our business. Where we do so:
- we will process such personal data on the lawful bases of our legitimate business interests and/or for the performance of a contract with you, and/or on the basis of your consent (as applicable);
- we will process and share such information only as necessary for the pursuance of the lawful bases listed above;
- if your personal data is shared with recipients outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure your rights are protected;
- your personal data will be subject to the security measures set out in section 9 above;
- we will retain such personal data in accordance with section 10 above; and
- you will have the rights set out in section 11 above.
How to Make a Complaint
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- 0303 123 1113
Acute Art X app
Download the app to experience, enjoy and share exclusively produced artworks by Marina Abramovic, Olafur Eliasson, Christo & Jeanne-Claude, Nathalie Djurberg & Hans Berg, Jakob Steensen and many more.