Discover AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality) artworks within the comfort of your own home by following Acute Art’s step by step guide:
- Discover AR downloading the free Acute Art app available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Choose an artwork from the artist menu on the bottom of your screen.
- Double tap to place and interact with the work through your smartphone.
- Take pictures and videos, and share through the app.
- Download the free Acute Art X app available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Select from artworks by Marina Abramović, Olafur Eliasson,and Nathalie Djurberg & Hans Berg, among others. (Please note that Koo Jeong A‘s AR works can only be viewed within certain locations. Please check our news page for further details).
- Choose whether to stream or download (making sure you are connected to wifi).
- If you have a cardboard headset, a page will appear asking you to put your smartphone into the device (don’t forget to turn off your portrait orientation lock).
- If you don’t have a cardboard headset, simply view through your phone.
Acute Art brings together renowned international artists, new media and technology to produce and exhibit compelling, cutting-edge visual artworks to the widest possible audience.
Sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of the page and we’ll keep you updated on all our future projects, including new and exciting content you can view from home. You can also follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Royal College of Art x Acute Art
Present Futures: Virtual and Augmented Reality in Art Monday 28 […]
David Shrigley x Maison Ruinart
Discover David Shrigley’s augmented reality Worm in Miami from December […]
The Looking Glass
By Daniel Birnbaum & Emma Enderby “Let’s pretend the glass […]
Hyperrealities at ArtScience Museum in Singapore
Until September 26 2021 headlining the launch of the VR […]
KAWS TOKYO FIRST
From July 16 to October 11 experience three AR artworks […]
Curate your own Unreal City from home
Acute Art and Dazed Media are excited to announce that Unreal City, London’s biggest public festival […]